Apr 30, 2012

The issues of life STAY STRONG

Something I tell my clients my family friends and my young cousins is you have to believe in yourself and put yourself first and be truly happy with yourself, its so important. I had the hardest time with this I appeared like i was cool and fine but I have always put so much pressure on myself its just how I am. As a kid I was good and running and in our athletics carnivals I had my peers expect me to go out and smash it my family, my dad would get me out running 3x a week this was with sports training as well so I was fit, he pushed me he gave me tips he believed in me he was my biggest motivator. He just wanted me to win and as much as this being a great thing it added to the pressure he did the same with my sister and brother who were good at swimming. Before a race as small as 100m sprint I would feel sick I couldnt sit still a few times I cried im a passionate and emotional person and I put that into what ever I did. I still had self doubt I couldnt stand at the line and say to myself common do your best I always had the thought of loosing. I drill into everyone close to me that you can do it nothing can stop you. It felt like the end of the world when I lost a 400m race everyone was expecting me to win mum dad but i came 3rd I was devostated I started crying I felt sick but at this moment I thought this is good I have only lost a few races im a good runner I lost so what I gained confidence in myself I went up to the girl who came first and congratulated her. It was like a switch had switched and I felt proud and dad was still proud. Im so competitive still and i still do have some self doubt issues but it has improved im no sore loser anymore I tell people not to be a sore loser be happy with what you come its not the end of the world. Xx Jessica

No comments:

Post a Comment